Blitzscaling, Bigotry, and Bezos with Chris Yeh
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:22 — 36.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS
In this episode, writer, investor and entrepreneur Chris Yeh talks about Blitzscaling: The Lightning Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies, a book he wrote with Linkedin CEO Reid Hoffman, which explains how companies like Amazon, AirBNB, and Uber use a very specific set of offensive, competitive strategies that prioritize speed over profitability to achieve massive scale at incredible speed.
We also discuss how Bezos is blitzscaling at Amazon, Uber's growth scaling strategy and racism in the venture capital community.
In This Podcast
- What is Blitzscaling
- Significance of network effects in Blitzscaling
- How network effects create winner-take-all markets
- The difference between fastscaling and Blitzscaling
- Difference between B2B growth marketing and B2B marketing
- Which startups can afford to ignore efficiency
- Dangers of out-of-control growth
- Uber Blitzscaling growth marketing strategy
- Racism in the venture capital community
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos
- Industry vs. Growth Marketing Experience
- How Yeh decides which startups to invest in
Listen to the full interview with Chris Yeh of Blitzscaling Ventures, and if you’d like to support this podcast, rate and review us on Apple Podcasts here.