Digital Transformation Advisor Eric Schwartzman
Eric Schwartzman is a digital transformation advisor and digital marketing consultant with 20-years of experience leading major initiatives for Fortune 500s, Government Agencies, NGOs, the military, SMBs and individuals.
Digital Business Experience
- Enterprise software business analyst
- Led the Center for Digital Innovation at a $1B B2B
- Producer of online marketing courses serving 200,000
- Award-winning podcast producer
- Global digital marketing seminar leader
- Author of Social Marketing to the Business Customer
- Founder of iPressroom, SaaS company sold in 2011
- Director of Promotions at Rogers & Cowan
- VP Marketing at Laser Storm thru an IPO
Eric has both digital transformation management and frontline implementation skills.
He has advised Boeing, Brigham Young University, Johnson & Johnson, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Singapore Ministry of Information, Toyota, UCLA, US Dept. of State, United States Marine Corps and hundreds of SMBs on digital transformation and digital marketing initiatives.
Eric is an experienced cross-functional team manager, but he also has the hands-on, applied knowledge to provide delivery as well.
Here are some of his programs.
How AI is Changing Analytics
Here's an article I wrote for Marketing Profs about how artificial intelligence is changing news and social media analytics. This tweet generated strong engagement.
With new artificial intelligence & advanced filtering options getting better all the time, it's never been easier to monitor everything that's being said in traditional & social media abt companies, brands & individuals. https://t.co/LQ6DRnrTaq#socialmediamarketing #PR— EricSchwartzman (@ericschwartzman) April 21, 2020
What is a digital transformation?
A digital transformation is the transfer of a business process that occurs in the real world to the digital world, or improving existing business processes in digital environments.
- CRM implementation
- Mobile app development
- Voice over IP integration
- Demand forecasting
- Supply chain management
The coronavirus galvanized teleconferencing and marketing automation software modernized customer prospecting from outbound to inbound.
Digital transformation initiatives impact people, processes and technology, usually in that order.
While the objective is often to disrupt an industry to grow market share, digital transformation initiatives can be very disruptive to organizations and individuals undertaking them as well.
For these reasons, the right leadership is a critical factor in minimizing the risk of failure. I have led digital transformation initiatives for enterprise-class software migrations from business requirements gathering, to vendor selection, implementation, quality assurance and user training.
But that's not where I started out. I began in marketing on the client-side as an early adopter of technology and have continued passing the envelope up until now.
Sometimes my friends ask me...
What does a digital transformation advisor do?
A digital transformation advisor minimizes the risk associates with moving traditional business processes to digital environments.
To do this, I gather stakeholder requirements, surface and memorialize stated project objectives, analyze the existing business process, create business process model notation diagrams to capture workflows and develop a functional specification that forms the basis of an RFP (Request for Proposal) to solicit bids from system integrators.
Using agile software development methodologies, I also have extensive Kanban and Scrum management capabilities.
By documenting the intended outcome and managing the configuration process, I improve the likelihood of successful software implementations and migrations.
What is a digital marketing consultant?
A digital marketing consultant is someone who advises on making a market for products and services in digital environments via desktop and mobile devices.
Digital marketing consultants often specialize in either organic or paid media.
In digital marketing, organic media refers to natural search optimization, sharing content on social networks that drives user engagement and getting others to write, talk and link back to a client's website.
Paid media refers to Google Pay Per Click Ads, Facebook Ads, YouTube Ads, Native Ads and any other digital environment where a client pays to have their content featured.
Who is a digital marketing consultant?
Eric Schwartzman is a digital marketing consultant.
Clients hire me to help them increase revenue online through organic growth marketing programs that leverage of owned, shared and earned media marketing to grow market share.
As a former manager of a large B2B marketing team, I am a generalist with first-hand experience overseeing the implementation and development of enterprise IT solutions.
I'm also an expert in all of these areas:
- Digital Analytics - Because you can’t improve if you can’t measure.
- Marketing Automation - Finding warm leads based on digital interactions
- Website Performance - Maximizing site load speed to elevate rankings
- Search Engine Optimization - Boosting search rankings to get found
- Copywriting - Persuasive use of language to drive conversions
- Email Marketing - Personalized communications to nurture leads
- Content Marketing - Problem-solution storytelling to get shortlisted
- Blogging - Content authorship to build thought leadership
- Podcasting - Long-form content for community development
- Online Video Production - Shorter form content for community development
- Social Media Marketing - Social proof to add credibility and visibility
- Digital PR - Implied, neutral, third-party editorial endorsements
These are the disciplines required to execute an organic growth marketing strategy.
What does a digital marketing consultant do?
If you're new to digital marketing, owned media marketing refers to media you create and own, like websites, blogs, podcasts, videos, email newsletters, white papers, webinars and events, as well as the tools you use to measure and optimize those assets.
Shared refers to social media and influencer marketing. I wrote a best seller B2B social marketing.
And earned refers to guest blogging, media relations, industry awards and public speaking.
I've overseen media relations at some of the largest events on the planet including The Academy Awards, the Olympics and Star Wars Celebration.
In various capacities, I've been in digital marketing for over 20 years now.
I developed a proprietary methodology for sequencing initiatives to accelerate growth that I use to help clients implement digital marketing and digital transformation initiatives.
How much do digital marketing consultants charge?
According to 2019 research from Credo, the average worldwide rate for digital marketing consultants is $140 per hour.
For US digital marketing consultants, the average rate is $161 per hour.
But hourly rates can be tough on clients, because the consultant has no incentive to work efficiently.
Rather than bill hours, I created the Outside Insourcing model to offer clients a distinct scope of work with specific deliverables on a flat-fee basis.
Advisor, Trainer, Facilitator, Coach
As a professional development seminar leader, I've led 2 and 3-day digital marketing communication programs in the classroom and the cloud for Boeing, Johnson & Johnson, UCLA and Toyota, and dozens of small and midsize businesses.
As a facilitator, I've led cross-functional teams at Fortune 500s, federal government agencies, military commands and B2Bs on enterprise software migrations and full life-cycle software-as-a-service product development.
As a coach, I've helped hundreds of startups, thought leaders and self-published authors take charge of their own digital transformation initiatives.
I've helped hundreds of individuals and SMBs increase their revenue without relying on advertising.
Digital Marketing Achievements
- Director at a global PR firm with clients such as Microsoft, Marriott and The Grammy Awards
- Managed a boutique PR agency with clients such as Lucasfilm, 3Tera (acquired by Google)
- Best-selling author of the first book on B2B digital marketing, published by Wiley
- Produced award-winning podcasts for the LA Opera, Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter
- Spearheaded media relations at Star Wars Celebration, Salt Lake Winter Olympics and The Grammy Awards
- Senior emerging media instructor at the Public Relations Society of America
Digital Transformation Acheivements
- VP Marketing at an gaming startup that went public on the NASDAQ
- Founded, bootstrapped and sold a successful SaaS
- Produced 20 online digital marketing courses with more than 200,000 enrollees
- Led digital revenue operations at a $1B B2B implementing enterprise software migrations
- Served as special climate communications advisor to the US Dept of State
- Served as Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Digital Communications Advisor to US Ambassador Deborah McCarthy
- Digital Media Usage Policy Development Advisor to the Marine Corps and Edison International
I help organizations establish their online presence, build online communities, develop go-to-media strategies and win third-party endorsements through guest blogging, media relations and industry events.
I’m a Los Angeles native with decades of experience disrupting B2B markets and challenging incumbents through innovative organic growth marketing programs, innovative full-lifecycle digital product development, as well as owned, shared and earned media marketing programs.
Latest Blog Posts
AI, advanced algorithms, and big data have ushered us into a new era of marketing and consumption. We’ve seen disruptive…
Social media at the US Dept. of Defense with Gregory Reeder, Director, Marine Corps Internal Communications at Defense Media Activity…
One of the biggest challenges when it comes to B2B lead generation is increasing lead quantity without compromising lead quality. …
When it comes to creating a niche marketing strategy for B2Bs, there are no off-the-shelf options. It’s a blessing and…