Putting Social Data in Context
In this special episode, Big Data enthusiast, working mom, Duke Blue Devil, runner, cook, golfer and karate black belt Inhi Cho Suh (@inhicho), vice president and general manager of Big Data, Integration, & Governance at IBM, talks about the opportunities and risks of Big Data.
- Why should non-technical business people care about big data?
- Transactional, machine, social and enterprise data
- The difference between social media and social data
- The risks of collecting, storing and analyzing social data
- OODA: What it is and how it applies to big data
- Applying sound IT governance practices to big data projects
- Respecting the intellectual property rights of others on big data
- We’ve talked about harnessing Big Data to deliver improved business outcomes, but what about political and social outcomes.
- Using what Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff said at the UN after she learned her phone was being tapped as a guide, in your opinion, does freedom of expression depend on the right to privacy?
- What if CIA director of intelligence James Clapper hired you to make the PRISM program more constitutional? Could you? How?
- Privacy by design