In this podcast, we talk to EFF Intellectual Property Director Corynne McSherry (@cmcsherr), who spent the weekend pouring over FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler’s proposal (@TomWheelerFCC), which is now available for public comment through DearFCC.
Topics discussed include:
- How could the concept of paid prioritization impact news media diversity
- Argument in favor of regulating ISPs like phone companies
- Argument agasint regulating ISPs like phone companies
- Reclassifying ISPs as telecommunications services
- Al Tompkins’s (@atompkins) article about the impact of Net Neutrality on jouranlism
- Who’s the blame for where we are and how we got here
- Should the Federal Trade Commission be involved to regulate unfair competition
- Public threat of consolidated ownership of ISPs and content providers
- Best practices for mobilizing the public behind thicker policy issues
- How to file a public comment on the proposal to the FCC
Join My Weekly Webinar
Weekly video chat on the latest earned, shared and owned media tools and trends.
Digital Marketing Podcasts
On the Record...Online
The podcast about how technology is changing the way organizations communicate, and the way people consume media and information.