1. Match.com Lawsuit Raises Key Issue: Who’s Responsible for Truth? – Is it your responsibility to share relevant information with your customers, even if you’re not sure it’s accurate?
2. Is Facebook ready for B2B? CME group is about to implement the new Facebook comment API into sections of its site. Traffic to our site from Twitter/FB has been going through the roof, Allan says. CME was initially skeptical about Facebook’s B2B potential, but Allan is impressed with recent Is this a big new opportunity for B2B?
3. Google releases Analytics 5 and tests Multi Channel Funnel reporting Amy Chang, Director of Product Management, Google Analytics announced the new feature at AdTech SF last week. Justin Cutroni has a blog post on it, and we have a two part series with Justin coming up on this podcast.
4. B2B Daily Deals Site Launches with Business Publisher – Daily deals sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial already have significant scale in the consumer arena, and the former has already begun experimenting with B2B offers. Business-to-business daily deals platform RapidBuyr launched yesterday, aided by a close partnership with Advance Publications-owned regional business publisher American City Business Journals.
- Allan talks about how CME is integrating the Facebook API into its site and its potential to leverage events promotion.
- Paul will emcee the B2B magazine Social Media Awards breakfast in New York on May 24† present and present a pre-conference educational seminar at the BMA Annual Conference in Chicago on June 1. The topic: Unleash Your Inner Publisher
- Eric is teaching the Social Media Marketing Workshop in Los Angeles, June 30-July 1.
Allan Schoenberg is director of corporate communications at CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse financial marketplace. His team oversees media relations, social media, crisis management, message development, international initiatives, and broadcast/digital communications. CME† is one of the financial industry’s most active social media participants, with a Twitter following of more than 750,000 (@CMEgroup) and active presences on Facebook, Linkedin and a variety of other channels. He also has worked for Accenture, Edelman Worldwide, and Fleishman-Hillard. He is currently stationed in London.
Join My Weekly Webinar
Weekly video chat on the latest earned, shared and owned media tools and trends.
Digital Marketing Podcasts
On the Record...Online
The podcast about how technology is changing the way organizations communicate, and the way people consume media and information.