Social Media Update from Le Web 2010 in Paris
If you couldn’t make it to Paris for Le Web, this podcast gives you all the major announcements and insights in one, terrific, jam-packed episode I think you’ll enjoy.
Andrea Vascellari and I recap the highlights and announcements made at Le Web 2010 in Paris, as well as some of the lessons we learned at the conference.
- The latest statistics on Foursquare usage, growth rates and what they charge for custom badges from co-founder Dennis Crowley, as well as how they plan to compete against Facebook Places.
- Facebook Connect usage, growth rates and installed base from Ethan Beard, Director of the Developer Network at Facebook, as well as Facebook’s number of users in the UK, France, Italy and Germany.
- Marissa Mayer’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread demo of Google Maps on the new Samsung Nexus S
- Pet Society’s sales volume and the free to paid social gaming conversion rates they’re seeing from Sebastien de Halleux, Co-Founder, Playfish & VP, Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, EA Interactive.
- Number of paid and unpaid Angry Birds downloads announced by Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio.
- Gary Vaynerchuk and Loic Lemeur’s insights on how the velocity of social media interaction can be used to either escalate or diminish engagement levels, and what that means for organizations.
- Matthias Lufkens on Twitter Diplomacy and how government officials with Twitter accounts are too often undiplomatic , and probably don’t even know it.
- Gabe Rivera of Tech Meme’s insightful comment about what Wikileaks means for the #gov20 space.
- The keynote by Carlos Gohsn, Chairman & CEO of Renault S.A. & Nissan on how the human desire for autonomy impacts the way networks evolve.
- Pew Internet Report – Multiple Identities Online: https://www.pewinternet.org/Reports/2010/Reputation-Management/Part-1.aspx?view=all
- Jeremiah Owyang’s Keynote: https://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2010/12/09/slides-social-business-forecast-2011-the-year-of-integration-leweb-keynote/
- Le Web Sessions in HD: https://www.youtube.com/lewebparis#g/u