Social Media Monitoring with Netvibes
Most of the Google Reader alternatives out there are focused on giving users social filters to discover the best content. But Netvibes has been there and done that.
They’re more interested in helping users finding meaning through context.
Netvibes will give you their news reader for free. But if you want their analytics, you’ll have to pay.
They are a business, after all, with a revenue model. But their free version is ad free, has been around for nearly 8 years and since it’s the centerpoint of their freemium sales model, the company says they have no plans to lay it to rest.
Netvibes is a wholly owned subsidiary of Dassault Systèmes.
Why am I so interested in Google Reader alternatives? Well my course online social media monitoring course based on Google Reader. And it needs to be updated.
So I’m intently studying the major Google Reader alternatives to determine which ones to include in my course revision.
Social Media Monitoring Topics Discussed:
- Feedly vs. Netvibes, feature by feature
- Netvibes free vs. premium versions
- Netvibes biggest advantage over Feedly
- Twitter API, which impose limits on all free monitoring tools
- New users acquired since Google killed Reader
- Why it’s too soon to compare Netvibes to Feedly
- Why Netvibes covets analysis over engagement
- Evolution of Netvibes, from information overload to crowdsourcing to semantics
- Using monitoring analytics to trigger dark PPC campaigns
- On Malik and finding the soul of big data
Join My Weekly Webinar
Weekly video chat on the latest earned, shared and owned media tools and trends.