Dan Goldman (@danielg280), Mayo Clinic and Advisory Board member to the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media, discusses the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which sets national standards for the security of electronic protected health information; and the confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule, which protect identifiable information being used to analyze patient safety events and improve patient safety.
Dan specializes in Internet law, HIPAA and Privacy law, telemedicine, trademark law, copyright law, and social media legal issues.
HIPPA Social Media Topics Covered:
- Identifiable health information
- The HIPAA Security Rule
- Confidentiality provisions of the Patient Safety Rule
- Patient rights over medical information
- The HIPAA Patient Privacy Rule
- How advances in electronic technology can erode the privacy of health information
- Impact of recently NLRB rulings on patient privacy
- HIPAA compliant social media policy
- Importance of social media compliance training
Join My Weekly Webinar
Weekly video chat on the latest earned, shared and owned media tools and trends.
2020 Startups Guide to Online Influence
2020 Guide to Finding Your Customers Online
Do it Yourself Guide to Public Relations
Digital Marketing Podcasts
On the Record...Online
The podcast about how technology is changing the way organizations communicate, and the way people consume media and information.