In this podcast, recorded at Le Web 2011 in Paris, Christian Hernandez, Director of Platform Partnerships at Facebook discusses “The Power of the Graph” and explains why social design and engineering is the future of social marketing.
Social marketing campaigns — where people-powered social media optimization and social networking activities comprise the bulk of the social marketing strategy — are about to be replaced carte blanche by web developers as the age of social media automation comes into fruition.
After a thorough discussion about the rationale behind the introduction of Facebook Timeline and the business case for integrating Facebook into online services to promote viral distribution, the developer partners discuss the increase in users they’ve secured, and why Wooga is focused on HTML5 as the future of social mobile app design.
Facebook Marketing Topics Discussed:
- Why Social Design is the Future of Social Marketing
- Facebook Social Graph, Object Graph and Interest Graph
- Redesign of Facebook with Messaging, Newsfeed, Ticker and Profiles
- From Edge Rank to Graph Rank, and it Changes Social Optimization
- Beyond the “Like” Button. The Lexicon of Expanded Social Gestures
- Why Fiskers and Geno Church Should Think Long and Hard About Timeline
Join My Weekly Webinar
Weekly video chat on the latest tools and trends in online marketing and public relations.
2020 Startups Guide to Online Influence
2020 Guide to Finding Your Customers Online
Do it Yourself Guide to Public Relations
Online Marketing Podcasts
On the Record...Online
The podcast about how technology is changing the way organizations communicate, and the way people consume media and information.