Facebook Marketing Update
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:24 — 55.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS
In this podcast, recorded at Le Web 2011 in Paris, Christian Hernandez, Director of Platform Partnerships at Facebook discusses “The Power of the Graph” and explains why social design and engineering is the future of social marketing.
Social marketing campaigns — where people-powered social media optimization and social networking activities comprise the bulk of the social marketing strategy — are about to be replaced carte blanche by web developers as the age of social media automation comes into fruition.
The workshop also features presentations by Facebook partner Axel Dauchez, CEO and Beatrice Tourvieille, marketing director at Deezer, and Jens Begemann, Founder and CEO or Wooga Games.
After a thorough discussion about the rationale behind the introduction of Facebook Timeline and the business case for integrating Facebook into online services to promote viral distribution, the developer partners discuss the increase in users they’ve secured, and why Wooga is focused on HTML5 as the future of social mobile app design.
Facebook Marketing Topics Discussed:
- Why Social Design is the Future of Social Marketing
- Facebook Social Graph, Object Graph and Interest Graph
- Redesign of Facebook with Messaging, Newsfeed, Ticker and Profiles
- From Edge Rank to Graph Rank, and it Changes Social Optimization
- Beyond the “Like” Button. The Lexicon of Expanded Social Gestures
- Why Fiskers and Geno Church Should Think Long and Hard About Timeline
Photo by Alex Haney on Unsplash