Does HR Get Social Media?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:20 — 27.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS
Just how well does the broader human resources community get social media?
The answer to that question and many more about the state of social media in HR are revealed in this podcast.
We talk to Tim Sackett (@TimSackett), EVP at HRU Technical Resources, a $40M IT and Engineering contract staffing firm and Recruiting Processing Outsourcers (RPOs) about a vareity of social media HR issues.
Prior to joining HRU, he was Director of Employment at Sparrow Health System and before that he was Regional HR and Staffing Director at Applebee’s International and has served others in similar capacities.
He’s split his career between recruiting and HR working for HR vendors and corporations.
- How is HR changing to accommodate social media in the workplace.
- Challenges of managing social media usage among staffers at Applebee’s
- Overcoming the operational challenges social media at work
- Business case for HR to manage social media usage in the workplace
- Social media compliance in an era of increased government regulation
- Social media governance strategies
- Strategies for educating large employee populations on social media literacy and compliance
- Challenges of social media training for HR
- Corporate social media policy fairness, employee recruitment and retention
- Risks of Equal Employment Opportunity charges due to social media
Photo by Free To Use Sounds on Unsplash