Where do Angelenos go for libations? Here are a few nightspots you won’t want to miss if you’re out to have a good time. The no indoor smoking law in Los Angeles means that if you want to smoke while you drink, you’ll need to go somewhere outdoors. The list includes something for just about everyone.
- Crimson & Opera — (323) 960-3300 1650 Schrader Blvd.– Hollywood
Scene: One part lavish lounge one part spicey night club, this sizzling LA hot spot is the playground for A-list Hollywood celebrities like Kanye West and Katie Holmes.
- The Sunset Tower Hotel and Terrace Bar — (323) 654-7100 8358 Sunset Blvd. –West Hollywood
Scene: The bar perched atop this vintage Hollywood landmark has hosted the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Jean Harlow, and now attracts new starlets to soak up its exquisite views of the city and tasty cocktails.
- S Bar — (323) 957-2275 6304 Hollywood Blvd. — Hollywood
Scene: This artistic bar environment was designed by Philippe Starck, and is a great hang-out for the fresh faces of fashion-forward Hollywood. With mix and match flea market chairs alongside modern couches and wooden tables, this hot spot naturally takes the artist bars of Culver City to a whole new level.
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel — (323) 466-7000 7000 Hollywood Blvd. — Hollywood
Scene: Young and old Hollywood meet at the Roosevelt, a hotel that hosted the first Academy Awards ceremony and whose bar is favored among fashionable late night owls.
- Bar Marmont — (323) 650-0575 — 8171 Sunset Blvd. — West Hollywood
Scene: More young and beautiful Angeleno’s sipping overpriced drinks. Hip casual dress.
- The Viper Room — (323) 8852 Sunset Blvd. — Hollywood
Scene: Johnny Depp’s cozy music club books some of the freshest rock and alternative bands. Tragically, a young River Phoenix overdosed on narcotics and died just in front of the establishment. A plaque memorializes the event. Casual dress.
- Bar 1200 (formerly The Whisky Bar) — (310-657-0611– 1200 Alta Loma, West Hollywood
Scene: Since a good deal of entertainment industry folks like to stay at the Sunset Marquis Hotel, The Whisky Bar (located off the lobby) attracts the show business/music business crowd. Hip casual dress.
Here's some info about the webinar that you need to sign up for.