SYNCATA PARTNERS WITH RELIABLE COMPUTER SOLUTIONS TO REDUCE COST OF TREAD COMPLIANCE BY OVER ONE THIRD
(SOUTHFIELD, Michigan /May 8, 2003) Cost reductions benefit members of industry associations including the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG), the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM), the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA), the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) and the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC).
Business consulting and systems integration firm Syncata Corp., which specializes in servicing vehicle and equipment manufacturers has partnered with Reliable Computer Solutions (RCS), a manufacturing industry technology provider based in White Pigeon, Michigan, to provide vehicle, truck, trailer and recreational vehicle (RV) industry associations the Syncata CoreTREADsm solution for a third of the list cost.
The new pricing models are designed to make it easier for members of the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG), National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM), National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA), Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) and the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC), to reduce the costs of compliance with now in-force federal reporting rules and regulations imposed under the Transportation Recall, Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act.
The TREAD Act requires vehicle and equipment makers to submit reports summarizing information about consumer complaints as well as warranty, legal claims and field reports to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The first reporting period began April 1, 2003.
"Syncata first identified TREAD as an issue back in 2001. So their domain knowledge is second to none," said Ed Troyer, CEO of RCS. "As an organization that, since 1988 has offered warranty and manufacturing software for many companies in the RV industry, we're pleased to join forces with Syncata to provide the RVIA and other association members with a low risk, low cost alternative for getting TREAD compliant fast," Troyer added.
Under terms of the partnership RCS will provide hosting, installation, maintenance and support services for the new hosted and monthly fee-based pricing models. Syncata will provide consulting services and its CoreTREADsm Engine - a specially configured compact application designed for members of the industry associations. CoreTREADsm is a derivative of the TREAD Reporting Enginesm software that is currently in use at a number of affected manufacturers including Gillig Corporation, among others. RCS and Syncata will be implementing CoreTREADsm for Tiffin Motor Homes and other companies this week.
The new model allows AIAG, NATM, NTEA, RVIA and MIC members the ability to take advantage of Syncata's CoreTREADsm Engine using one of the following pricing options:
* Licensed Option - $16,000, including all software and installation - a 36% price reduction
* Monthly payment option - $1,000 down and $1,000/month with a two year minimum commitment - including maintenance and support
* Hosted Option - $1,000 down and $1,300/month with a two year minimum commitment - including maintenance and support
About Syncata CoreTREADsm Engine:
* Includes services for application installation and all required third party software
* Generates all required NHTSA reports in NHTSA-specified format (as per the Federal Register Notice of Requirements published on July 10th 2002 and subsequent updates) and provides one level of drill down for detail
* Includes pre-defined routines for import of source data and transmission of reports to NHTSA
* Includes data-entry screens to facilitate the input of records directly into the system
* Includes pre-defined database structure with robust backup routines
* Provides online help and glossary
* Offers web-based interface with provision for security and user management
About Reliable Computer Solutions (RCS)
With a staff of experienced and dedicated individuals and a national network of quality and professional associates, RCS is gaining a leadership role in the engineering of innovative systems for the manufacturing industry. From hardware, networking, software, data collection, E-commerce as well as EDI systems RCS is ready to serve the nation. The firm is based in White Pigeon, Michigan. http://www.rcsonline.com
About Syncata Corporation
Founded in 1990, Syncata (www.syncata.com/tread/registration.asp) helps automotive and industrial manufacturing companies improve operational performance and profitability. The firm designs processes and integrates systems that help solve specific problems within sales, finance, manufacturing, distribution and service operations. The firm has offices in Michigan (Southfield), California (El Segundo, Irvine and Oakland) and India (New Delhi).
# # #
Visit Syncata's TREAD Compliance Resource Center