Best Places to Launch
While the location for a launch event should reinforce the company, product or service being introduced, here are some of the best places in Los Angeles to host events large and small. They may not be the most popular places to host special events, but we think that's makes them even better. They are not necessarily listed in order of importance:
1.Paramount Pictures Back Lot- With the assistance of Paramount's scenic shop, this place can be dressed to accommodate a variety of special events.
2. Los Angeles Public Library Rare Book Room- Dow Jones and Reuters launched their Factiva service here. Very appropriate.
3. Santa Monica Airport's Barker Hanger- Major media events like the MTV Movie Awards and others are held in this large open space. But be prepared to bring in whatever you'll need to support your event.
4. Bergamont Station- This collective of art galleries in Santa Monica at a former railroad station is quite large and can also be quite affordable, particularly if your event will draw in possible art buyers.
5.Bel Air Hotel- When money is no object. Whoever you invite to the Bel Air Hotel is almost sure to show up.
6.Sky Bar- You can host an event at the Sky Bar and reap the benefits of association with one L.A.'s longest standing, still exclusive night spots.
7. Chateau Marmont- This old Hollywood hot spot is perfect for just about anything entertainment or media related. Like the Sky Bar, it is also ultra exclusive.
8. House of Blues- They run a very tight operation and are pros at accomodating special event coordinators, as long as you can afford it. Obviously, this venue works well for anything music or music related.
9. Pacific Park- Located on the Santa Monica Pier, this location is great place to celebrate.
10. Los Angeles Press Club- Of course, we would be remiss to leave this off the list.