2004 Nominees To provide instant access to background information on the nominees for the Tenth Annual American Choreography Awards, biographies of those choreographers who responded to a written request are featured here. All biographies are provided by the nominees or their representatives and have not been verified or fact checked by this agency. The American Choreography Awards are represented by Schwartzman PR, a Los Angeles-based public relations firm founded by Eric Schwartzman.
- Walt Disney/ Innovator Award
- Kenny Ortega / CAREER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Ka-Ron Brown Lehman / EDUCATOR AWARD
Outstanding Achievement in Commercials
Target "Changing of the Guards"
- Jack In The Box "Hippy Hippy Shake"
Capital Radio "Maybe"
- Radio Shack "Big Number" / Liz Curtis
- Kmart/Joe Boxer "Dorm"
Outstanding Achievement in Music Video
- Missy Elliott "Pass That Dutch"
- Missy Elliott "I'm Really Hot"
- Britney Spears featuring Madonna "Me Against the Music"
Kylie Minogue "Chocolate"
Usher "Yeah" / Anwar "Flii" Burton and Todd Sams
Outstanding Achievement in Fight Choreography
- "Master and Commander" - Doug Coleman & Doug Barringer
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - George Marshall Ruge
- Alias "Prelude" / David M. Morizot
- "Kill Bill Volume 2" / Yuen Woo Ping & Keith Adams
- "Kill Bill Volume 1" / Yuen Woo Ping & Keith Adams
Outstanding Achievement in Television Variety Series
MADtv "Regional Championships" / Monie Adamson
- MADtv "Regional Championships" / Monie Adamson
- Comic View Hollywood "Punk It Up" / Neisha Folkes
Outstanding Achievement in Television-Episodic
- American Dreams "The 7-10 Split" / Michelle Johnston
- Will & Grace "I Do" "Oh No You Di-int" / Tina Landon
- Will & Grace "Fred Astaire and Ginger Chicken" / Lance Macdonald
- Malcom in the Middle "Jump Jump" / Fred Tallaksen
Outstanding Achievement in Short Film
Outstanding Achievement for a Television Special
- "A Time for Dancing" / Marguerite Derricks
- "The Disco Ball - A 30-Year Celebration: Usher" / Travis Payne
- 2003 Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon: Opening Number / Jason Samuels Smith
- Acts of Ardor / Paul Taylor
Outstanding Achievement in a Feature Film
- "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights" / JoAnn Jansen
- "The Triplets of Belleville" / Sylvain Chomet
- "You Got Served" - Dave Scott, Shane Sparks, Robert James Hoffman III
- "The Company" - Gerald Arpino, Laura Dean, Robert Desrosiers, Lar Lubovitch, Alwin Nikolais, Moses Pendleton & Cynthia Quinn of MOMIX, Davis Robertson, Arthur Saint-Leon (transcribed by Ann Hutchinson Guest)